Thursday, March 31, 2011

Chicken Paninis from Bex

This recipe was orginally inspired by The Pioneer Woman (shocking, I know), but I made it a bit friendly for us. Who has time to marinate chicken in a sundried tomato mixture?

Not me.

So, here it is. Perfect for lunch, it takes about 5 minutes to prepare...which also makes it AWESOME for dinner. Enjoy!

Sourdough bread, sliced for sandwiches
Rotisserie chicken with the meat shredded
roasted red pepper (I buy these in the pickle isle already roasted for me)
pesto (I use Classico's premade kind)
mayo
provolone OR mozzerella
Panini Maker OR a George Foreman. You could even use a pan, using a heavier pan to smoosh the sandwich together.

1. Butter the sides of the bread that will touch the pan.
2. Mix some pesto and mayo together. Spread on one side of the bread.
3. Lay one piece of bread, butter side down, on the pan. Smear pesto mayo mixture on bread...be generous, its GOOD!
4. Add chicken.
5. Add red peppers. I love them, so I do a lot. You have to do at least *some*, so you decide. It really adds a nice flavor.
6. Sprinkle with mozzerella or slices of provolone. I like lots of cheese. Mmmmm.
7. Lay last piece of bread down, butter side up. Use whatever method you have to smoosh the goodness into that sucker. Grill until nice and crunchy and golden brown.
8. Eat, and thank me later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment